• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

35s no trimming

drknyt

NAXJA Forum User
im sitting at 7.5'' lift and getting 35s soon i hope, anyone running 35s with no trimming using factory flares? my xj is a 00 with 7.5 RE coils :D pictures would be awesome!

you will need to run a pretty intense amount of bumpstop to clear 35's with no rubbing or trimming, and even then, you still might rub the corners of the wheel openings

I'd hate to imagine driving a Cherokee on 7.5 inches of lift. Probably looks weird as hell with smaller than 35's on it too.

Sorry, haven't seen any pics of people with big tires, big lift and no trimming. Kinda pointless if you ask me.

not even close... i ran 8.5 with 36s all last year and i moved my bushwacker flailrs up and back as far as i could.....

I must say its not possible im sitting at 8 inchs with 35,s and factory flares and they will rub when you turn all way im fixing to raise up the acos about 2 more inchs and the rear adjustable shackles about 2 more as well and hope it clears i like the factory look i will try to get you pics..my mags have 4 inch offset and 35 truxxus tires and i dont want to cut..

im sitting at 7.5'' lift and getting 35s soon i hope, anyone running 35s with no trimming using factory flares? my xj is a 00 with 7.5 RE coils :D pictures would be awesome!

I must say its not possible im sitting at 8 inchs with 35,s and factory flares and they will rub when you turn all way im fixing to raise up the acos about 2 more inchs and the rear adjustable shackles about 2 more as well and hope it clears i like the factory look i will try to get you pics..my mags have 4 inch offset and 35 truxxus tires and i dont want to cut..

:rolleyes:

Wow...just wow.

you want 10" lift? are you dumb?

At 8" I'm fairly certain the factory look is long gone. Trim your fenders to match the factory shape but just be larger. That's what I attempted on mine. First time ever running a sawzall, so it wasn't quite successful, but came out good anyways.

Trim and relocate the factory flares higher if you want the stock look. Look up 53guy's writeups. Im sitting around 5-5.5" on 35's and of course I had to trim but if your at 8" and need to trim why not keep it lower b/c you'll be trimming either way. The next jeep I build will keep the stock flares but trimmed and raised.

Well i know everybody is entitled to there opinions,,but i wanted to keep the factory body look and its not a dd or a mountain climber so its got a little extra lift and im sure it will settle some but just didnt want to cut it..but this isnt my post so..:shhh:

You can't even fit 33's without any trimming. Unless you're at stupid amounts of lift and bump stop it until you have no suspension travel. I'm running 5.5-6" of lift with rusty's flares and 35's. It's a tight squeeze...

I trimmed the fenders to clear the 34" TSL with no lift, then I immediately puked out for a 6.5" LA lift and they dont even rub at all except the tire rubs the upper coil buckets.

I dont know about "untrimmed" but I'd almost say that you can get away if you dont flex at all

Trimming is just a part of owning, modding, and wheeling an XJ. We were blessed with some very small wheel openings by Jeep and as such anything bigger than a 30" will appreciate some trimming to avoid rubbing.

I'm running 6 inches of lift, and 36's with no rubbing. Lots of trimming (bushwackers) and bumpstops.

:rolleyes:

Wow...just wow.
X2. Between the language and the content, it's making me :banghead:

At 8" I'm fairly certain the factory look is long gone. Trim your fenders to match the factory shape but just be larger. That's what I attempted on mine. First time ever running a sawzall, so it wasn't quite successful, but came out good anyways.
FWIW, it's way easier to get a clean edge using a cutoff wheel than a sawzall - I actually did my fender trim with about 30 Dremel discs. Ran out halfway through the last fender and had to use a sawzall so I could drive it again to get to the store for more cutoff wheels... cut half an inch inside my intended lines, glad I did because it looked like I chewed the fender off.

How about well say 5" of lift...and 42's...may require a "wee" bit of trimming :D
:roflmao: Why not just lift it about 30" and keep the "factory look" ;)

Back