• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

whos got the most built xj?

rcliftedXJ

NAXJA Forum User
so im at a point in my build where im looking for some ideas for where to go next with it. basically more looking for home made ideas. things that i can do at home(not buying something pre-built) that are benefitial. im making some custom rock sliders that replace the rockers before spring. things like that. im looking for ideas on bump stops, stronger rear quarter panels/front fenders, tube fenders, onboard air, etc. things like that. what do you all suggest?

thanks~

I'd suggest that you do a search using the terms "onboard air", "homemade bumper", "bump stops", and "quarter panel guards". You'll find a ton of different threads on those things.

And no, I'm not trying to be a dick. That's really the best way to find threads on those topics.

haha, no worries. must be i just dont enter the right search words in. unless i spend 3 or 4 hours searching, i never find what im looking for. but i'll look around. i'd also like to just see some pics of some sick jeeps and what people have found worked better or worse.

trevor~

The search feature will yield the best results, also looking in advanced fabrication will give you plenty of ideas. By far the best weapon you have at your disposal is the search button, find it, use it, and if your in doubt use it anyway.

There are lots of threads with home made in the title.

hey trevor. I've found that going out to google and doing your search with naxja in the search field works well. Also you can scroll down right now and see some related threads with similar titles.

I'd say that you have to ask yourself what constitutes being an XJ. I think that when an XJ has 1tons, hydraulic steering, etc it ceases to be a Cherokee.

Thats TOTALLY just me, and not a bad thing either...don't get me wrong.

I'd say, though, that if you're modding just to mod, it might behoove you to step back and ask what you want to use it for...

I personally like the idea of a locked, slightly lifted, armored rig that I can still use everyday, as I have no interest in creating a "toy" truck.

lots of different ways to do that depending on budget.

I like the idea of a 4-5" lift, 33's, 8.25/d30 w/ chromo axles and ARB's, bushwackers, armor, a winch for recovery, and a cage for safety. Then again, I want my truck to last, If I dropped that kind of stuff into my truck, you can believe I'd baby it. The next thing after all that would likely be a rebuilt or crate 4.0l so I could enjoy it for another 250,000 miles. :)

I agree, there comes a point where you exceed the limitations of a vehicle and perhaps a tj might be a better project. Threre comes a point when the xj becomes undrivable and unsafe on the road. it's hard and very expensive to have the best of both worlds.

I agree, there comes a point where you exceed the limitations of a vehicle and perhaps a tj might be a better project. Threre comes a point when the xj becomes undrivable and unsafe on the road. it's hard and very expensive to have the best of both worlds.

What makes a TJ more "driveable" after modifications?

I thought this thread was about who has the most built XJ?

cmelo wins this award.

0313091202a.jpg

By using crimple dies you can get more rigidity out of the stock XJ quarter panels. cmelo piloted this technique.
0313091201c.jpg

He also invented the HD rocker panel replacement.
0313091202.jpg

I'm digging the rockers. I might have to look into that vs. the boatsides. What gauge steel is that? 24?

well mine is pretty built right now, but there are some small projects that i would lilke to do to make it more trail ready. and for some reason im a visual person and get more out of pictures. plus i wanted to see peoples trail rigs and how well they do for them.

with a TJ you can fit large tires without increasing your center of gravity. Don't get me wrong I love my XJ, I am saying that vehicles have there limitations of modifications, at some point your get into re-engineering and things can get complicated.

The names Goatman and Brianho13 come to mind when it comes to XJ's being so Built the only thing factory remaining is the floor and the Grill! :D

I'm digging the rockers. I might have to look into that vs. the boatsides. What gauge steel is that? 24?

Ahem, that's actually 22 gauge thankyou very much:looser:. It's galvanized steel as well so not only is it superior rocker protection but it is RUST PROOF. Inovative I know...:greensmok

Back