• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seat covers...

Mr. mud

NAXJA Forum User
My XJ had a set of tan and black wet okole seat covers in it when I bought it, but they are in fact very dirty. I was told that you clean them with soap and water on the seat but am not too fond of that idea. Is it safe to get these things dry cleaned,or will it screw them up?

I would think dry cleaning would be detrimental to their longevity since they are made of wetsuit material. I would say soap and water off the seat would be best.

I was curious about this myself. A quick google with "washing okole seat covers" gets plenty of info, essentially the same as above. Per one site, if you are going to remove the covers from the seats anyway, washing machine is an option.

How hard is it to take the covers off? I'm kinda wondering the same thing because I want to put sheepskin covers in mine and I know they'll get dirty.

I had Wet Okole's on my last truck ... loved them.

I just put them in the washing machine... gentle with nothing but detergent. I never had a problem and they came out nice and clean(er) :)

I have a wetsuit, and wash it with a tiny bit of detergent and water. Too much can harm the material, so be thrifty. Washing machine would be the most efficient.

Just make sure you DON'T put them in the dryer...

Back