• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Raybestos Heavy Duty Replacement Front Coils Recommendations?

CLOISER

NAXJA Forum User
Looking to replace my front coils
Don't want to go over stock height 1998 Upcountry

Price Core Total
RAYBESTOS Part # 5871108 {Professional Grade; Sold in Pairs -- Inside Diameter=4.04" Wire Diameter=.578" Free Height=18.4" Load height=15"}
Category: Coil Spring

Found these at rockauto.com for $60 a pair plus $20 shipping, total $80 and don't have to scrounge in junkyard for sagging zj coils

anybody have any opinion on stock replacement coils and where to get them?

thanks

thanks for the heads up. I picked up used v8 coils about two or three years back but they seemed to wear pretty quickly. I thought about ome 930 but they provide too much lift for my shocks, not sure if bar pin eliminators would take care of extra inch anyhow I'm rambling thanks for the heads up

There aren't that many options for stock height, aside from stock replacements. Crown, Omix, Raybestos, or the dealer. I got Crown UC replacements from 4WDH for about $80 shipped on sale.

I helped my step father put a set of those coils he ordered from rockauto on his 91 and they are definately stronger than the stock ones however they don't ride as smooth and they give a little more road feedback since they are more stiff. If your not going to lift it or offroad or tow with it I would go with a standard replacement for comfort.

I personaly purchase all of my oem replacement parts from rockauto.com and I've been very happy with their customer service and shipping, all around good company and great selection.

Here is my discount code for 5% off, it's good untill march 14th

discount code: 26839392179945

Back