• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fox shocks range of travel for 4.5 " Clayton shortarm

jbmoose

NAXJA Forum User
Not sure who's too familiar with Fox shocks, but I was looking at the 2.0 Emulsion series. Couple questions. Basically every 4.5" lift kit I've seen uses a 10" travel shock. The standard emulsion 10.0 is 16.10" collapsed and 26.10" extended, and uses eye bushings at both ends. But if using stem-eye conversions and bar pin eliminators, both of which take off a couple inches, will the shock be too big? Under OE applications, they have Wrangler TJ listed: front 4" lift, stem upper/bar pin lower, 15.37" collapsed and 25.00" extended;; rear 4"-6" lift, bar pin upper/eye bushing lower, 15.37"collapsed and 25.00" extended. Can't I just use the TJ ones since XJ's have same setup front and rear? If so, wouldn't they reflect that those shocks work on XJ's as well? What are the perfect collapsed/extended/range of travel measurements and how far past those measurements can you go? I would imagine an eye bushing top and bottom mount would be the most convenient to deal with, but would the O.E. TJ setup be better?? Thanks, JB

Back