• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CHRISTMAS EARLY!!!

xjkid08

NAXJA Forum User
ok im a 16yrs old and i have a cherokee 4.0 with
-4.5 rough country lift
-borla FULL exaust
- 6000pound warn winch
- small little driving lights on my crappy bumper
-32 inch mudterrains on black wheels

my paint is a forest green with silver fenders and stripping. i also had a crappy sunroof too. well my dad says im not gonna lift my new truck now and you can spend the money and i went crazy. he said they only stuff i can choose was at 4 wheel parts and he had to approve. well i come out with
-mx-6 shocks all around
-2 inch taller springs (now a total of 6.5 inches)
- the longer yoke ( for the lift)
-four real bumper
- big hella driving lights for the bumper

but my paint is sooooo ugly that my dad felt sorry for me (he also loves to deck out cars) so my jeeps in the body shop right now and im gettin my sunroof sealed and roof (outside) rhino lined, new headliner, and the silver two tone part rhino lined like 1ft from the bottom. then im either gettin a black, silver, or orange ( like duke orange) and thats what im confused over... what color should i get ? and any pics of black, silver, or orange jeeps with black ?????

thanks

Lockers arent as important. Gears will save a ton on unnecessary wear on the engine and transmission, and bring gas mileage back up a good bit.

but lockers are important none the less. :)
I like the idea of D. of Hazard orange

on my 4wheelparts list i had lockers but the a hole at the place was like i think they are overrated.. i was thinkin isnt that ur honda hatch in the front lol. he doesnt even own a 4x4 but he told me what i know are good arent good. lol and my dad was like he knows. im not gonna argue hes payn. i love the duke orange. then itll look good when im at the beach with the rebel flag on my cb antennas!!!!

yes, the guy does work at 4 wheel parts .. that's sorta like the dennys of the automotive world. :)

cal said:
Lockers arent as important. Gears will save a ton on unnecessary wear on the engine and transmission, and bring gas mileage back up a good bit.

Yea, but it will look cool sitting in the parking lot at school RIGHT?:roll:

Gears and lockers.... Probably 4.56 gears and your choice of locker. You don't have to have ARB's or OX, or even a Detroit. You can some like an Aussie or other less expensive brand. A simple limited slip will help.

If you buying from 4WP, don't buy the Genuine gears. Ask for other brands like Precision or Dana Spicer. I have heard of folks having issues with G2's, bt I know folks that do run them with no problem.

That's my 2 cents worth...

Good Luck!

Listen buddy im 17 and understand the whole making a statement. Im from the south and am damn proud of my heritage but running the rebel flag at the beach only asks for touble. Also if you paint it orange you might as well have a " I live in a trailerpark" (no offense to anyone) bumpersticker to match. Go with silver or black, its hard to pull classy cooch in something orange.

shit i dont care about the problems with the confederate flag but the cooch. iono about that. i want the orange but the darker silver is pullin on me i dont know yet. that silver with black two tone and black wheels, and black bumper would look good. i dont know tho.

If you had that silver and black, youd fit right in out here with the Raider infestNation. meh

there is an xj around where i live that is lifted and has black and silver two tone like you are talkin about, and it looks awesome! def goo with the silver, its real bad a. (as much as like the idea of dukes of hazzard and the csa flag flyin!)

Why would he do that if he can get a paintjob at no cost to him?

i think the black and silver would look nice, but the orange is just such a sleak color... id have to say.... black and silver

sounds sweet. before you go blowing cash on gears and lockers, try wheeling it, get a feel for it, dont just buy a point and shoot 4x4 right off the bat. learn, sit on the money, then upgrade as time comes.

my two cents :D

Back