• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Edelbrock IAS shocks?

espenXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hello!
I’m in search for some input on the shocks I’m considering for my 1994 4L automatic w/242 TC Cherokee. My car is stock, and I have changed all the bushings and the springs, now it’s time for some new shocks. I like the description on this edelbrock shocks
(http://www.quadratec.com/products/16010_559.htm)
, but I can’t find any reviews or opinion about these. I have search this forum, and in google I only got some hits on a ford F250. Is there someone how have tested this shocks, and can tell me they function as described by the manufacture or not?
Hope someone can help a Norwegian with his shock quest.

Best regards
espenXJ

I was not happy with them, I had bilsteins on there within a few months

You can get bilstein 5100s or RE monotubes for less than that.

I have OME's on mine. The ONLY other choice I would make would be KONI. The latter are probably better than the former. You get what you pay for, ESPECIALLY with shock absorbers. Put poly bushings on the anti-roll bars with great shocks and tires and you will be VERY pleasantly surprised by better road manners.

EDELBROCK bought a license to that technology, and there were "questions" about build quality the first few years. They may be better now, but the markup is still substantial (IMO). I would go for KONI or the high line SACHS before the EDELBROCK.

Hello again.
Tanks a lot for the response, it has been very helpful. I don’t think I’ll by the edelbrock shocks. Seems like I have to dig around for Koni or Bilstein shocks. Is it standard Koni shocks I should look for, or do them have some special models that work “great” on a stock Cherokee?

Thanks again
espenXJ

I run these on mine and am happy with them. Mine is also a 94 but i havent had the chance to offroad them much. One thing though, I did get them from the Edelbrock website and they were much more cheaper than that. They were actually on sale and I paid about $37 each. This was about a year ago.
Lil Joe

Back