• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

5.0 19lb injectors

steve1169

NAXJA Forum User
Hi,
i saw where you guys have been talking about putting 5.0 19lb injectors in the 4.0's....
I have a set of stock orange top 19lb injectors of a 90 or 91 5.0 Mustang, will the work in my 89 xj 4.0 and how much of a difference will i see?
Thanks....

Yep, they will work. i just did this upgrade to my 90 and although I have not driven it any other than move it around in my driveway I have noticed a much smoother idle.

I replaced my brand new OEM replacement injectors with used 5.0 injectors and like I said I noticed an immediate improvement in the idle. I have heard the 4 spray nozzle pattern helps to improve mileage and performance some.

Check out www.painjection.com. Great tech support and good prices. I just installed his injectors in my 90 4.0 and noticed quite a difference in idle quality and it's much peppier. He gives a lifetime guarantee too.Watch the video on his site showing the factory Jeep injectors vs the upgraded ones. Another reason I wanted the factory injectors out of my Jeep is they have a tendency to leak and cause fires. I hate it when that happens.......

Isn't the main benefit that the Ford injectors are cheaper? With the same rating the computor is going to inject the same amount of fuel. With a better spray pattern it might idle better, and might be a touch more efficient in some situations, but how's it going to provide more seat of the pants power?

Sounds a little optomistic to me. True seat of the pants power increase takes quite a bit more horsepower to be able to feel it.

Yep, I agree with Goatman, price is the major benefit. I paid $250 for a full set of OEM replacements and $45 for a set of used Ford injectors. and gained a better idle. I will fill mine up this week and drive it. I'll let you know what the mileage is in a couple of weeks as compared to what I was getting.

My 90 has a newly rebuilt 4.0 with less than 10k on it. It has been bored, decked, and milled. I'm also running dual electric fans. I just wanted to throw that out there, those factors will change mileage and performance some. Other than that I am on 3.55 gears and 30x9.5 BFG AT's. The chassis has 170k on it and I'm on the original tranny/T-case combo but with a PORC SYE and TW shaft and 2.5 BB lift.

The Jeep has been resto-modded with a few upgrades for better safety and convienence.

I'll let you know the results

Check out www.painjection.com. Great tech support and good prices. I just installed his injectors in my 90 4.0 and noticed quite a difference in idle quality and it's much peppier. He gives a lifetime guarantee too.Watch the video on his site showing the factory Jeep injectors vs the upgraded ones. Another reason I wanted the factory injectors out of my Jeep is they have a tendency to leak and cause fires. I hate it when that happens.......

Bad link. Any chance you've got a good link?

while this thread is opened up I may as well ask this, will any 5.0 fuel injectors work, say out of a continental, or a crown vic? Or do the 19lb ones specifically come in the mustang 5.0L?

i just did this swap last week when i threw in a new exhaust manifold, (old was cracked and the gasket was shocked) new exhaust manifold bolts, new injector o rings for the yellow 19lb fords. i paid 33$ shipped on ebay for mine and have two spares. i have been driving it aorund for a week here and there. havent had a chance to see what kinda mpg im getting. its easy and its dirt cheap.

Back