• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire question

danzy

NAXJA Forum User
I'm picking up a 2000 xj totally stock, I would like to replace the tires and wheels with a set from a wrangler rubicon. Will they fit without any modifications???

No is the short answer

The Rubicon tires are basically a 31" tire and even with a 3" lift my 31s kinda rubbed...I also have a 2000 and I cut a little off the front end caps and it worked fine your going to need to go a little more extreme

Andrew

I have a stock suspension on my 88 and I have 30.2" tires and it only rubs when i turn the wheel to the right halfway and back up. I also have a innerwheel well hanging down and thats why it rubs. So what gives with a 3" lift and 31's rubbin?

I have no idea, I had a 98 XJ new years ago, and got the jeep bug again and I'm picking up another one but I love those rims & tires on the Wrangler Rubicon and just want to throw a set on....basically just for looks. I think the factory rubicon tire is 245/75/16 and a 2000 xj is 235/75/15?
Just didn't want to get into a lot of mods strictly for these rims??

stock xj size is 225/75r15

the bfg I ugraded to were 235/75r/15 and they fit well

my 31s rubbed in the front at full turn with a 3" lift but only a little cutting fixed that

I think a 245/75r/16 is a 30.6" tire....maybe you will have better luck then me

Andrew

i'm running a set of rubicon takeoffs. they equate to about a 30.6"x9.5" tire. i clear fine with 4" of lift, but i think they would rub the inner part of the fenders, front and rear, and possibly the front bumper/lip area if you were to put them on an unlifted xj. this is on an '87.

Thanks for all the help guys, so a lift is in order for those rims, anyone know where to pick up a set of rubicon rims or takeoffs of them for a reasonable $$.

30x9.50 will fit on a stock 98, tad rubbing on full lock but a couple washers behind the steering stops fixes that. I thru on a set of canyons with 30x9.50 BFG AT/KO's from my TJ just to see. Got a set of almost mint 5 hole gamblers that are going to get mounted next tire cycle after the LT235's wear out.. reminds me, got to strip the rest of the clearcoat off and reclear them, the TJ is going to 31's next.

danzy said:
Thanks for all the help guys, so a lift is in order for those rims, anyone know where to pick up a set of rubicon rims or takeoffs of them for a reasonable $$.

If you check the forums classified sections they are always turning up but they are pricey...on here i've seen them from 650-850 depending on condtion

Quadratec wants over $1600 for this rim/tire combo!!!! I love the look like you, but I have no money for that, and thats why I have my $32 cragars:laugh3:

Andrew

Back