• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need help with these hight lights

SINCITY192

NAXJA Forum User
I got the tails lights working and the parking fuse isn't blowing
but i can't figure out this head light thing
i checked for volts in the tan wire on the switch and im getting voltage whats
else should i check all the fuses are good
Im out of ideas

If you look on your wiring diagram, you will see that the tan wire leads to the beam selector switch (AKA dimmer switch). A light green wire goes from the switch to the low beams and a white wire goes to the high beams. Check for 12 volts on the light green and the white wires.

Well I went to see if I could find the beam selector if the tan wire from the headlight switch leads to it then i think i found it on the steering column the tan wire goes to it and also there's 2 green coming out of it and 2 white wires! This is it right?

well i check the green and white for volts all i got was 0.01 and thats on both of them (green and white)

Yeah two green and two white. I can see on your diagram both of the green should have juice on low beam selection and both of the white on the high beam selection. Did you try working the selector switch (hi/lo) while you had the meter on the wires?

If you have no juice at either of these, your switch is bad. Check the tan again for juice right where it entes the steering column. And if you didn't flip the switch back and forth while testing, do that.

You did have the headlight switch pulled on while you tested, right?

I checked again the tan definitely gets juice 11. to 12. something with headlight switch pulled out to on position but the white and green only get 0.01 no matter how much i flip the switch back and forth
good thing is I should still have my switch from my old column
do i have to drop the column to put in a new switch?

One probe to ground, one to either green/white wire, and you get .01 volts, regardless of switch positions, and which green or white?

i GET 0.01 on both green and white wires on the beam selector switch
plus i cant seem to find the beam selector switch from my old column seems like i only packed a spare ignition switch,

Either the switch is bad, or the tan wire is broken up in the steering column. I know you have been through a lot with your lights recently, so I'll give you a quick/dirty fix too. Splice the green wire to the tan where you can get to it. You have two green wires. One goes to the low beams, and one goes to the fog lights (which I assume you do not have).

If you want to get fancy, you can test the two green wire with OHMS. Red lead on the wire, black lead on a good ground. The one with continuity should be the correct one for the headlights.

Your head light switch will still work as normal, but you won't have high beams.

Either the switch is bad, or the tan wire is broken up in the steering column. I know you have been through a lot with your lights recently, so I'll give you a quick/dirty fix too. Splice the green wire to the tan where you can get to it. You have two green wires. One goes to the low beams, and one goes to the fog lights (which I assume you do not have).

If you want to get fancy, you can test the two green wire with OHMS. Red lead on the wire, black lead on a good ground. The one with continuity should be the correct one for the headlights.

Your head light switch will still work as normal, but you won't have high beams.

I would like to do this quick fix until i get some money to buy a new switch So i unplug the beam selector switch cut the green wires and test to see which green wires has continuity
then cut the tan wire and connect the 2 together?
question the tan wire is thicker than the green is it still ok for my to put them together
also am i suppose to still have them connected to the beam switch

also my multi-function switch is stuck in high beam mode will that make any difference
towards the quick fix? I just dont want to run into problems down the road

If you can get to the plug where these wires are available, you have an even easier method. With the plug off of the switch, take a piece of wire about 4 inches long and clean the insulation off of both ends. It needs to be at least as thick as the green wire. Stick one end in the plug at the tan wire and one in the green wire socket. If one green wire doesn't work, that was to the non-existent fog lights. Switch to the other green wire. That way you have the circuit going from the tan to the green without even cutting anything. Leave it off the switch and tape it so that the wire doesn't fail out.

you have to be wanna the best jeepers, I know winterbeater.............. i mean seriously your good man.............. you definitely deserve jeeper of the YEAR AWARD............. thanks a million man
I did what you said, I actually had a wire I like to practice soldering on AND I just took the soldered tips and stuck them in the connector next to the tan and one end next to the blue wires and I pulled the head light switch and JUST LIKE MAGIC it works LOL
thanks man now when I buy a new beam switch I dont need to worry about wires that i would have cut!!!!! THANKS NAXJA is the best!!!!!!

Back