• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Iron rock offroad springs

Warlock1

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking at the Iron Rock off road 5.5" leaf springs. Does anyone have any experience with these springs? Like, where are they made, is the spring too stiff or how's the flex? Pros/cons?
They look good, seem to have a good design and price but I just want to be sure.

Thanks

I dunno , but I got there 5.5 springs a few months ago- Had "RE1461" on them which would indicate rubicon express 5.5 leaf springs-- yup mine were made in India too!!!!

India?:eek: I thought RE springs were US.

Man, are there any reasonably priced 5.5" leaf springs ($450 or less per pair) that are made in the US?

I talked to one of the guys from IRO.

The coil springs are outsourced to a small spring shop out side of the main shop, in Minnesota.

The leafs are made in Canada to their own specs, and they say that they work great.

I dunno , but I got there 5.5 springs a few months ago- Had "RE1461" on them which would indicate rubicon express 5.5 leaf springs-- yup mine were made in India too!!!!

Ok, so how do they feel/perform?

I just had to go and look just now-um...they are an 8 leaf pack!!! trust me I had to count it ...no not twice but 4 times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sad1:

They do very well----i have'nt done any heavy wheeling yet-but did flex them with a fork lift at my work and they did flex -well into my wheel wells-and have'nt lost hieght-been in there for 5 months now............so even though they say made in india-being rubicon express springs-I feel there pretty good-so anything from iron rock off road is great-maybe they changed manufactures or i just happen to get re springs for an awesome price-dunno but either way i am happy:yelclap:

Thanks guys!

I know this is an old thread but I was looking at either the IRO 5.5" rear leafs for my 99 XJ Classic. Or a set of the RE 5.5" rear leafs. The IRO's look to be a better quality design but not sure. And they are cheaper for a pair then buying the RE's. Since this thread does anybody have any further info on the IRO leafs vs RE's. Pros/cons of either of those two companies? Thanks for any help provided.

I saw some of these on a vehicle a few months ago and I like them.

http://www.otto-max.com/lift-lowering-kits.html

It is rather interesting that the picture on Iron Rock site look very similar to those from Otto-max. It do appear that Otto-max do not sell to the public and does custom builds. However, the fact that Iron Rock claim ther springs are made in North America got me thinking,...:dunno: .

Yes, they sure do look exactly like the IRO 5.5 springs. I actually did purchase them plus the optional extra leaf. I use my XJ as a daily driver/work/play vehicle and I carry a large amount of heavy tools and parts and I rack up about 250 - 300 miles a week. I've been using them daily for over a year and a half with no sag. I am very impressed with them. I would highly recommend them to anyone. Also, yes, they are made in Canada.

I sent an email to their tech support a few weeks ago asking about the 3.5" springs (which seem to be the same). The woman that responded said the springs were lifetime warranty as long as i wasn't doing any heavy towing with them. Seemed a little strange that they wouldn't put that on their site, but anyways...

She said they're made in either Canada or India.

I sent an email to their tech support a few weeks ago asking about the 3.5" springs (which seem to be the same). The woman that responded said the springs were lifetime warranty as long as i wasn't doing any heavy towing with them. Seemed a little strange that they wouldn't put that on their site, but anyways...

She said they're made in either Canada or India.

The Iron Rock coils and leafs I have installed had Canada listed on them.

Save the $$ and buy something thats gonna last. I love my BDS leafs. Life time, no questions asked warranty too.

I know this is an old thread but I was looking at either the IRO 5.5" rear leafs for my 99 XJ Classic. Or a set of the RE 5.5" rear leafs. The IRO's look to be a better quality design but not sure. And they are cheaper for a pair then buying the RE's. Since this thread does anybody have any further info on the IRO leafs vs RE's. Pros/cons of either of those two companies? Thanks for any help provided.
I ran them for a year and a half 3.5" 7 leaf pack (IR-X3RSP) with the +1" shackles (IR-X_1LS) This is the combo that came with their 5.5" long arm kit. They flexed good had a nice ride. When I pulled and sold them they still sat within a 3/8" of the same ride height as when I installed them.

Back