• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZJ seats are too cramped in my XJ!!

mrtosh

NAXJA Forum User
I recently bought a '99 XJ that has some leather seats front and rear from I believe a '97 ZJ. The seats sit too damn high and forward. I need something lower, preferably lower than stock XJ seat or same height and something that will allow to sit farther back. Any suggestions on what I can pick up @ the JY for a direct replacement? Need some opinions on what some people have put in their XJ's and still either retain the stock headroom or gain some.

TIA guys,

Sean

Last edited by a moderator:
I've found that seats from an early XJ (86-ish) have the same base as the early 90's XJs. They also have this cool rocking feature built into the base....I transplanted those into both my 89 and my 91.

I've found that seats from an early XJ (86-ish) have the same base as the early 90's XJs. They also have this cool rocking feature built into the base....I transplanted those into both my 89 and my 91.

i found those same style seats and i love them, the best part is the rocking feature. Mine came out of a 1987 laredo

What year are your guys' xj's? I thought everything was different for 97-01 on the seat mounts.

I think the floor pan changed in 95'. I know for a fact that the seat base used in 01' is the same as my 95'.

The original poster says he has a '99, not sure if the seats mentioned would fit. Personally I have a '98 XJ Limited and love the seats, apparently those are the ones to get for comfort. I think in '00 or '01 they also came out with heated Limited seats, if you are into that kind of thing.

The original poster says he has a '99, not sure if the seats mentioned would fit. Personally I have a '98 XJ Limited and love the seats, apparently those are the ones to get for comfort. I think in '00 or '01 they also came out with heated Limited seats, if you are into that kind of thing.
I had awesome leather seats in my '01 sport, wish I still had that thing.
jeepseats-1.jpg

i put stock seats from a 97 ZJ into my 95 XJ. i had to swap my seat brackets from my old seats to the new but they bolted right up. i dont think its too cramped even with the pockets that are on my door panel. mine do sit higher but i like them none the less. they are tons more comfortable than my old stock seats. i dont see how they are too cramped.

Back