• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

motor mounts with t-case drop

xray1971

NAXJA Forum User
98 XJ 4wd auto with 1" t-case drop & 2" lift

Has anyone ran into this situation with the engine mounts at a weird angle? I am guessing they are like this because of the t-case drop I put in. The Brown Dog mount on the driver side is really at a weird angle and I am getting bad engine vibration because of the bad mounting angle. Pass. side stock mount is at weird angle too. I couldn't get the pass. side BD mount on at all. Guessing I will have to remove the t-case drop, then install the BD mount and put t-case drop back in. I have vibes w/o the t-case drop. And I really want to run the BD mounts! What to do?
I hope to take off the t-case drop sometime this year and add a SYE. Just not sure when. Should I just use stock mounts until then?

BDmount1.jpg
[/IMG]
passsidemount3-1.jpg
[/IMG]

You are correct about why it's angled - remember that the transfer case is bolted solidly to the tranny, which is bolted solidly to the engine, so if you drop the transfer case it rotates the back of the engine down. Nothing really to be done about it except installing an SYE and removing the TC drop...

Silly question....why drop the T-case with only a 2" lift?

he said "i have vibs w/o..."

but yeah, you shouldn't have vibrations with 2 inches of lift if it's lifted properly. if you have blocks in the rear for lift then that may cause a bad pinion angle which ='s vibration!

i lifted 6"s with 1 1/4" t-case drop and no vibration.

i also have a brown dog motor mount bracket on the pass. side! it rules!!!

T-case drops bad for a thousand reasons, two of which are: the problem your having now and the other it defeats the purpose of adding a lift in the first place, ground clearance. I would check your pinion angles and also the u joints. Lastly get an SYE.

If you have a bad vibration without the drop, take a much closer look at your rear driveling and U-joints... I bet something is either bent or wore out...

Use a smaller Tcase drop, 1" is what most use with a 4-6" lifts. I agree you should not really need a Tcase drop with a 2" lift, but all XJs are different.

If you have a bad vibration without the drop, take a much closer look at your rear driveling and U-joints... I bet something is either bent or wore out...

He's got a 98,they can have vibes w/o any lift installed!

Back