• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone running the crown Heavy-Duty Steering Upgrade Kit?

stoneyva21

NAXJA Forum User
http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=41289

like the title says anyone running this?

looking to beef up the steering but i dont really wanna spend the cash on the currie kit, which is only 1/4" thicker then this setup. i know its still the stock y steering but that works fine with my lift height. and i figure solid 1" bar/tube is alot better then the flimsy junk that is on there now.

i did alittle searching and found a thread about someone stripping the crap out of the adj. sleeves, but i'm passing that off as stupid shop moneys. if i missed any could ya please link to em. thanks

its basically the v8 zj steering setup. With cash for clunkers, zj's are left and right at the boneyard. Personally i would grab one of those setups until you can afford what you really want. Still a good setup tho. Its your call

got a zj tie rod as a back up right now(read: to f-ing lazy to put it in). if its just a zj setup i'll pass then. looked like a decent deal.

why not go with a V8 ZJ setup?

that is basically the zj v8 setup, just all new.

if you shop around, a few of the naxja supporting vendors sell it so you might be able to find a better price. It can be bought with or without the steering stabilizer, and the one that now comes in it is a nice big HD one.

I know plenty of people with it, so bang for the buck, it's not a bad deal...but it's nothing like the Currie setup.

Back