• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bumper canister swap!

tj'sxj

NAXJA Forum User
anyone replaced the oem oval canister( 90-4.0 )w/ 4 ports, 2 on vaccum side i believe and 2 for ??. i picked a smaller one up at Pick& pull but only has 2 ports, i know the larger V-line is bridged so i believe i can use that same method but its the smaller lines that have me puzzled if i can pull the same trick. would love to stash the smaller bottle ya know!
ANYONE???

The bigger one was for vehicles with cruise control. There was a smaller round one for non-cruise control models. Connecting them together should not be a problem but you want a big one in the reservoir to supply more vacuum than the small one uses.

well the big line is a keeper, my transfer case splits off it too, the 2 smaller are my concerns, both have vaccum pull when i open them up! ya know im preety sure they are just asist lines,

Two ports is fine, I'm using a single-port reservoir with a check valve to the intake manifold port.

Moving the reservoir into the engine compartment is a good idea. You can eliminate quite a few feet of the crappy plastic line. My reservoir is under the pressure bottle.

joe where ya been man? ive been waiting your arrival!LOL, doesnt the mani line run to your transfer case aswell? guess i can use the splitter on that line to add mycheck valve, howz the hissing under the hood with the Cvalve?

joe where ya been man? ive been waiting your arrival!LOL, doesnt the mani line run to your transfer case aswell? guess i can use the splitter on that line to add mycheck valve, howz the hissing under the hood with the Cvalve?

Howdy! I'm using a Posi-Lok cable instead of the vacuum motor for the D30 CAD, so the vacuum motor & tc switch lines are long gone for me. Don't think I've ever heard a vacuum check valve hiss, of course I'm pretty close to deef from a mis-spent youth with large caliber weapons.

HMMM, so then ill bridge the small ones and see what happens, i dont have a code reader (still real new at the XJ thing, obviously!) in case there are any changes in the system. ya know there is a check valve inside the canisters also.

So in case i forgot to post, i pulled the 6' of excessive V-lines out, when you pull the oem air box out there is 1 stud still attached and sticking up, i took the softball size 2 port resi and used the existing stud, it tucked in there unbelievably nice beind/under my K&N, ran a 3way off the transfercase line inorder to splice the HVAC line in, ran it along the fire wall then down to the manifold, w/ a 3 way (zipped tied to fire wall) so i can put my big V-line along fire wall to fender wall/behind washer resi down the existing crimped fender well to my new v-reserve canister. there are even preexisting holes to zip the lines down (you'll want to)!

Back