• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

vacuum diagrams?? I NEED HEAT

Irbys19

NAXJA Forum User
I cant seem to find a diagram for the vacuum for my 87 xj anywhere. IM not getting any vacuum to the actuator for the blend doors. if anyone has any ideas please help

Got any leaks to/from the vac reservoir. The HVAC side of the vac system is pretty straight forward. There are two lines on the pass fenderwell, if one of those is compromised, no HVAC.

Messing with the engine side of the system won't do it.

ok update!! there are 2 vacuum lines at the firewallone black and one pink? the black one going in has vacuum to it and the pink one goes to the heater control valve, that one doesnt have vacuum. so im taking it that the black one going in must split off some where behind the dash. I hate to rip the dash apart to try to find a cheap plastic line to be broken.

ok update!! there are 2 vacuum lines at the firewallone black and one pink? the black one going in has vacuum to it and the pink one goes to the heater control valve, that one doesnt have vacuum. so im taking it that the black one going in must split off some where behind the dash. I hate to rip the dash apart to try to find a cheap plastic line to be broken.

The black is the supply line to the HVAC motors. You should get vacuum from the HVAC control back to the coolant control valve when set to "heat".

shorted heater control?? but it still functions??

ok new update Im getting vacuum and the heater control unit bout its not going out to anywhere from there. And i noticed this when i took it apart im guessing my control unit needs replaced now

Last edited:
jeep.jpg

Scavenge a new harness connector from the salvage yard OR buy some insulated female connectors and use them to connect the harness to the switch.

Back