• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vibes, more shim?

It could be the shaft is not balanced correctly, but you want your pinion to point 1-2 degrees lower than the output of the tcase. It looks like you have a little ways to go.

Also use steel degree shims if you can find them.

It looks like you need a couple more degrees. Try a 1" transfer case drop kit, then re-evaluate. The more you turn the pinion up the less oil you get to the bearings. too much shim is bad. you also need to think about the axle side shock mounts. If you keep turning you add stress to the lower shock bushings and post.

Just my $.02

Aaron

monkeyevil said:
It could be the shaft is not balanced correctly, but you want your pinion to point 1-2 degrees lower than the output of the tcase. It looks like you have a little ways to go.

Also use steel degree shims if you can find them.

x2

at 4" of lift you should not need more than a SYE. I'm at 6" with a LP Ford 9" and a Hack and Tap. I've got no driveline vibes up to 95 MPH. Dropping the t-case is a bandaid. IMO

Disregard this post if you know more than me. That should include about 99.9% of the viewers.:D

99xjache said:
It looks like you need a couple more degrees. Try a 1" transfer case drop kit, then re-evaluate. The more you turn the pinion up the less oil you get to the bearings. too much shim is bad. you also need to think about the axle side shock mounts. If you keep turning you add stress to the lower shock bushings and post.

Just my $.02

Aaron

Bearing oiling really isn't a problem at the angles we are talking about. Plenty of the SWB guys are running rears at 15-19 deg with no outer pinion bearing oiling issues.

give a 6* shim a shot, if you dont wanna buy them and wanna do a test put some washers under the existing shim to angle it up more and drive down the block then drive right home and take them out. Ive done it for testing purposes and dont really reccomend it since shims are kinda cheap. Also I wouldnt drop the t-case unless it became imperative

Back