• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front and rear Washer Pump!

JSwamper

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 98 auto,,

Im just looking for re-assurance. To my knowledge both the front and rear windshield washer pump are in the drivers side front fender?

If I remove the inner liner in the wheel well, can I listen to hear if the pumps are working?

Because both my front and rear wipers work and theres no fluid coming out of ether... The rear has been out for a year and and front(being my main concern) just went out recently

Im just trying to figure out if my information is right and if im in the right direction, I hate chaning parts that I don't have to.

thnkx- J.

Also are you sure that you've got washer fluid in the res? You should also be able to check the rubber line running up to the cowl area to make sure there's no breaks allowing the fluid to shoot out there instead of making it to the end.

of course I check for fluid in the res.NO BRAINER

But If I don't hear the pumps running, and the wiper arms still work.

Then its most likely the pump right?

pumps are quite likely. Mine quit and the motors were quite rusted. I bought a new one for the front and it installs pretty easy with the fender liner out of the way. My rear is still out, I'm too cheap to get it at this point. Tires are more important than the rear washer.

Back