• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

driveshaft lengths on a grand cherokee

85xjwoody

NAXJA Forum User
Curious if anyone knows the length of the driveshafts on a grand cherokee. I am looking for something about three to four inches longer than a stock cherokee driveshaft.

I just installed the RC drop brackets and now my front driveshaft is to short.:eek:

Google for J321-CV, look through the catalog till you find something that fits. Stock XJ driveshaft lengths are listed too, so you can compare pretty easily - just make sure it's the same U-joint series (1310) and you'll be good to go.

X2 on what 1990JEEPXJ said though, if you were close enough to the end of the splines that putting on drop brackets screwed up your driveline length, you needed a longer one in the first place probably.

My ds length was fine before the install. I was at 7" lift with fixed short arms with 36" tires. Now after the install of the drop brackets my axle pushed forward and extended my ds length almost four inches.
I didn't think it would push my axle forward that much but it did.:dunno:

Thanks for the info kastien. I will check it out.

Back