• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for fuel injector upgrade for 99 XJ I6

Not sure which one on a 99 but try http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/

x2, they can let you know what will work in yours.

FYI:

Fuel Injection

Model Year Part # Color Fuel Pressure Static Flow
'87-'90 53003956 Dark Tan 30/39psi 18.6lb/hr
'91-'93 33007127 Brown 30/39psi 21.0lb/hr
'94-'95 53030343 Tan 30/39psi 21.0lb/hr
'96-'99 53030778 Grey 49psi 23.2lb/hr
'99-'01 04854181 Blue tip 49psi 22.5lb/hr

Ford Injectors Lbs/Color:

12's - Gold top
14's - Blue Top - E3EE-BA ( Low Impedance )
14's - Gray top -
16's - Blue - E43E-AC ( Low Impedance )
17's - Creme/white top ( Low Impedance )
19's - White - E6EE-AB ( Low Impedance )
19's - Orange/Yellow top -
19's - Gold
19's - Yellow/Black
21's - Lavender - ( EV6 )
22's - Pink top ( EV6 )
23's - Black - E4EX-BA ( Low Impedance )
24's - Light bluish/gray top -
25's - Blue/Green -
25's - Light blue ( EV6 )
30's - Dark Red top -
30's - Green - E3ZE-BA ( Low Impedance )
35's - Brown top ( Low Impedance ) -
36's - Cobalt blue top ( sometimes silver )
37's - Green- E3VE-A1A ( Low Impedance )
39's - Blue ( EV6 ) ( thin style ) -
42's - Lime Green top -
46's - Blue - EOSE-A1A ( Low Impedance )
52's - Gray - E43E-AC ( Low Impedance )
56's - Blue - E43E-AC ( Low Impedance )
64's - Green - E53E-AB ( Low Impedance )
150's - Bright Orange top ( Low Impedance )

I'm actually wondering the same thing. I am more curious which vehicles at the junk years would have the correct injectors? I would prefer to do this upgrade for $5 from the local junkyard, and take my chances with the injectors working.

I pulled some from a 2000 Ford Taurus, P/N YF1E-G4B, but it looks as though they may be too big.

Anyone know which vehicles to look for?

Yes.. orange or yellow top 5.0L injectors.

No matter which injectors you scrounge, run a can of BG44K through the tank. It will clean them like new. Don't even bother with the cheap injector cleaners, they just don't stack up.

You want 19# EV6, solid orange. Pn# 0280155917. It will flow over 23# @ 49psi.

Maybe we can add that to the "list"

This is exactly what we were looking for. Not just an opinion, but also an actual part number. After a quick internet search, some of the junk yard vehicles these can be found on are...00-04 Super Duty 6.8L 00-04 Econoline 00-04 Excursion. Sell online at misc places for $400/set. Just bought 10 for $20 shipped on ebay. Out of those 10, I am sure there are 6 good ones. Will report back my findings in a few weeks.

No matter which injectors you scrounge, run a can of BG44K through the tank. It will clean them like new. Don't even bother with the cheap injector cleaners, they just don't stack up.

I don't know my fuel injector cleaners, but I do know from reading many of your posts that you know your Jeeps quite well. I will be running a bottle of BG44K through the Jeep once the injectors are in.

This is exactly what we were looking for. Not just an opinion, but also an actual part number. After a quick internet search, some of the junk yard vehicles these can be found on are...00-04 Super Duty 6.8L 00-04 Econoline 00-04 Excursion. Sell online at misc places for $400/set. Just bought 10 for $20 shipped on ebay. Out of those 10, I am sure there are 6 good ones. Will report back my findings in a few weeks.

Nice findings, thanks. Please do keep up posted about your injector swap

Nice findings, thanks. Please do keep up posted about your injector swap

I will keep you posted. I might even make a junk yard run and pick up 2 more and sell you a set of six for $10. I know on my 89 XJ this was by far the best mod I did. It totally restored all the low end power, made the idle very smooth and even bumped up the mileage a little.

second on the bg44k injector cleaner
stuff works wonders

Doubt it would have done anything on 4xSanta's problem back a year or two ago in Moab. :D He had rusty crap packed in the #5 and #6 injectors. Surprisingly we managed to clean it all out and still runs fine.

I installed mine about 3 weeks or so ago. Not nearly the difference that I saw on the renix when I did it, but still a noticeable change. The idle is smoother, and low end is also smoother. I wouldn't say that it feels like there is any power gain, but $20 for it was definitely worth it.

It did take much longer to start than I thought it would take. Once it started, it ran like c r a p. Once running I had to turn it on and off about 3-4 times before the computer figured it out, then it ran very smooth. Took about .25 miles of driving to get the check engine light to turn off.

I can't comment on fuel economy yet. Only driven about 100 miles or so. It might take another couple months to burn through the rest of this tank and to make it through another. Once I have some fuel economy readings I'll comment here again.

Back