• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

spring plate

trebor7577

NAXJA Forum User
I've searched and cANT find the aswer so here it goes, was taking the rear leaf pack apart on my d35 and looks like someone used u bolts too wide, like 3 inches, but the upper spring plate is the same, someone did a number on the jeep at one time and im tring to fix it... do i have the wrong top plate? my axle appers to be only 2.5 wide?

Sounds like maybe someone either had a different axle in it at one time or just half-assed it. The Dana 35 I think has 2.5" axle tubes and the 8.25 uses 3" so maybe that's what happened and they used 8.25 stuff.

I think the D35 is 2&5/8" (2.625") tube diam. The C8.25 is 3" diam tubes. From what I recall, the spring plate is slotted and can be used with either axle. The u-bolts are specific to the axle.

Does he know about this robbing? :D
I'm sure he'll find out soon enough... :roflmao:

Talk about a bad Monday morning, get in your Jeep and go to drive to work and the damn rear axle falls out when you put it in gear!

I'm sure he'll find out soon enough... :roflmao:

Talk about a bad Monday morning, get in your Jeep and go to drive to work and the damn rear axle falls out when you put it in gear!

Not to mention taking a corner or hitting the brakes. :laugh2:

Midnight Auto Supply, the busiest shop in town! :D

Back