• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacing Stock Tow Hooks W/D-Rings?

sjroocos

NAXJA Forum User
I just decided to order the d-ring brackets from hi country offroad and find they have gone out of business.

Does anyone know of any other alternatives? I want to replace my stock hooks with something that doesn't hang down so far. Prefer d-rings, but hooks that face upward would be ok too.

Would like to find something that will bolt onto the stock brackets.

Thanks.

Steve in Colorado Springs

Man, I can't believe they are out of business. I just got my brackets from them last week!
That being said, I think I will eventually swap the hooks out for factory hooks from a newer ford truck. They look like they would bolt to the brackets with little to no modification.

I bought these a couple years back to take place of tow hooks...worked out perfect....mount high and tight. http://www.bigdaddyoffroad.com/product_info.php?cPath=29&products_id=49
Had to drill a couple vertical holes in both to match holes in tow hook bracket. Used grade 8 bolts since these are a bit thicker than tow hooks and I figure more pressure on the bolts during a side pull. I have done front and angled pulls with absolutely no problem. I will try to post a picture of them installed when I get home today.

I emailed them about a set of these after I read the first post. They replied that they were restructuring and were open for business again. They were apparently very impressed with the parts requests after they shut down. Send them an email.....

Thanks for the replies. I got the mounts ordered. Had to email them since the web site wanted to charge more for shipping than for the parts. They fixed it, should be getting them soon.

Thanks again.

Steve in Colorado Springs

Back