• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to get reamer?

Warlock1

NAXJA Forum User
I'm converting to OTK steering and need to find out where to get the hand reamer with the correct taper for the tie rod ends.

Thanks

ive got one ill sell you for 50 paid 85 + shipping for it and used it to ream my knuckles. i got mine from qtec. its the M2 high speed steel bill. not junk

I knew I'd seen someone asking about this before...

Makes me think, I wonder how many NAXJA guys are gonna end up buying this one reamer off each other? Too bad autozone doesn't have this tool in their rental collection.

X2 on the Snap-on. It's important to get the right taper to match your TRE's, they're are alot of different ones available. I think the one I used was 1/2" to 1" taper. You can check JCR's web site for a part #.

the correct reamer is 1.5" of taper per ft or 7.15 degrees. the snap on one is very poor quality. i broke my neighbors before i bought mine

Last edited:
Other than some foreign cars thats the only taper Ive ever seen.

Back