• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Airbag Module

macrat123

NAXJA Forum User
Hi Everyone,

Did a search but could not find anything. Anyway, i have an intermiitted airbag light problem. It wasn't clockspring related since the horn works while the light was on. So, i cleaned the back cluster multiple times and replaced the back harness thinking that was the problem.

Finally, i went to a mechanic and he pulled a faulty airbag module code. I need to replace the airbag module and i was wondering if anyone has performed this service. Can i buy one off of ebay that hasn't been deployed yet? Does it need to be reprogrammed? Is it simply a pull and plug?

I have a 1999 cherokee with 140k miles. Does anyone know the part number of the airbag module? I think its p56007323ae.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Disconnect both battery cables and wait 15 minutes before doing any work on the steering column or airbag system.

56007323 is a 1997-2001 airbag control module. They are plug and play and the airbag system is self testing so if the module is good the airbag light should go out. No programming/reprogramming is required.

I have had good with used parts from the junkyard and would buy from a junkyard that has a return/exchange policy just in case there is a problem.

Just because the horn works doesn't mean the clockspring isn't bad on the air bag side.

The part #'s for a 99 are 56007323AC, 56007323AD, 5066330AA, or CBUF8601.

are u referring to a local junkyard or an Internet site? Is so, what sites would you recommend?

The local junkyard has a 15 day exchange policy on electrical parts. Bad parts are exchangeable for another of the same item.

www.car-part is good for determining fair prices and locating local yards with potential donors.

Back