• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cast iron brakes?

muddeprived

NAXJA Forum User
You'll need to use the same rotor type that came stock on your Jeep. I had bad luck with NAPA rotors. I bought the American made rotors, paid a premium and they wore realy quick.

You'll need to use the same rotor type that came stock on your Jeep. I had bad luck with NAPA rotors. I bought the American made rotors, paid a premium and they wore realy quick.

I'm buyin the hub assembly, not the rotors. I don't know what came stock on my jeep because I bought this used with 87k on it. I did replace the rotors and pads two years ago but I was never asked if I had cast brakes or not. From my research in this forum, i'm going with cast. It was said that 99-01 are cast iron brakes.

or rockauto.com -- Timken for $78

TIMKEN Part # HA597449
4WD; Cast Disc; Front
RWD; Cast Disc; Front
4WD; Cast Rotor; Front
RWD; Cast Rotor; Front
getimage.php

$77.89

take your old ones with you when you buy them. I can't remember which way it goes, but some of them have longer studs, and the spacing between the wheel flange and the part that bolts to the knuckle is 1/8" different.

yeah I had this issue with my 00 TJ. I'm bringing it in when I get the new part.

Thanks for the rockauto link. I was going to order there but I needed it asap and didn't want to wait for shipping. With shipping it's only a few dollars less than napa so it's alright.

Back