• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

93 xj front axle into a 2000 xj?

MQT2000

NAXJA Forum User
ok, the wife smacked a guardrail last night with my 2000 xj on 30" tires unfortunately. the passenger wheel took a lot of the impact and we are looking at a bent axle, trailing arms, links etc. I have a 93 xj with a bad flywheel and was wondering if the front axle, trailing arms, links etc would transfer over. i have a shop willing to work with the carry in parts, but i need to know that it will fit up before i tear down the clunker. any confirmation to the affirmative or negative would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys

It should. The only real difference will be high pinion on the 93 axle vs low pinion on the old one(so you're upgrading, I guess!) Make sure the gear ratio is the same in the new one (I assume 3.55:1?) as the old one and you should be good to go.

EDIT: while it's out, give it a full once-over with degreaser, then with a wire wheel, and paint it. Might as well change the diff lube too. If you feel like it, replace all the bushings that appear worn as well. All of this is WAY easier when you aren't under the darn thing, and no sense paying shop labor time to install $7 bushings you can put in yourself in less than an hour with a $50 vice and some scrap wood blocks.

Make sure the axle is a "non-disco" and also check the exhaust clearance(the exhaust changed with the LP D30 axle).

A 93 won't be a disco axle unless it was swapped in previously I think, but yeah, good plan. Didn't the disco axles stop in either 90 or 91?

EDIT: seems I may be wrong on this

Last edited:
Back