• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Warn Hubs replacement bearings?

chris420

NAXJA Forum User
I have the Warn Hub 5on4.5 conversion on my D30 and need to replace the bearings both inner and outer. Does anyone know what bearings I need to buy? I am not sure on the part numbers because I purchased the hub kit used and Warn does list replacement part numbers for this kit on there web site. I am wondering if Warn discontinued the kit.

Not sure about the conversion kits. Is it your DD, or do you have something else to drive when you pull it down?

You'll probably have to pull the bearings and races out of one hub to get the numbers.(I'd recommend you do that any way just for confirmation)

Thanks guys I called Randy's Ring & Pinion and they hooked me up. I will do a wright up on this with part numbers.

Thanks I had Stu's Web Site saved to my favorites but the part numbers were not on it. I dont have directions this will help in the future.

Does anyone know what size spindle nut socket I need? Also my front end is making a loud humming noise at speeds of 30-60mph and when I look out the window while driving it looks like the tire is moving side to side a little.

anyone?

Jack it up and put a jack stand upder the axle tube.
Grab the tire at 12 and 6 and move it back and forth to check the ball joint. if you
grab it at 9 and 3 it will turn your steering.
aslo, when you have the tire offspin the hub axxemble to look for anything strange.
Don't know the spindle nut size on a hub conversion.
The stock one is 36mm.
Stukboy

Grab the tire at 12 and 6 and move it back and forth to check the ball joint.

Yeah, you'll wanna go ahead and lift the tire up and down also...because ball joints don't just fail sideways. ;) It's entirely possible to have 'tight' ball joints when using the 12 and 6 check, but have them be bad 'up and down'. I like to get the tire a couple inches off the ground, then use a pry bar UNDER it to lift up and down to check the play that direction.

I know that the milemarker hub kit uses CJ front hub bearings. So I have a good feeling that the Warn kit uses the same. Just a basic 4 prong D44 hub socket will work on the hub kit outer nut. If you are switching your D30 over to the hub kit, don't even bother taking the stub shaft out of the wheel hub. Not worth it, just pull the assembly out as a whole and seperate the inner and throw a the new stub on it. Sell the outer wheel hub and stub together, you won't need them or save them as a spare..........but for what I don't know. On the smaller hub kits (5 on 4.5") the hub always blows before the rest and if that happens, the jeep will still move with a broken hub just no power to it.

Just go down to the local bearing and belt shop and give them the numbers and they will fix you up. It is the easiest and fastest thing to do.

Back