• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering colum, blinker, heater and radio issues.

88manche

NAXJA Forum User
Well, my jeep is an 88 MJ. It has a tilt colum shift colum. Recently, the tilt mechanism got really loose and the wheel started to flop around a bit. the steering colum has been flopping around for about 2 weeks.

today, my dad took my truck to the gas station. when he got in it to leave, the key was really hard to turn. he started it, and it stuck in start. after that, the radio, blinklers, and heater quit working.

Does anyone have any idea what happened?

well, i went out and messed with it. if i move my steering wheel around in a counter clockwise motion, the radio, blinkers and heater work, but only in the off position. it doesnt matter if the key is in or out.

I'm gonna take it apart on saturday, probably go to the yard for parts on sunday and put it back together.

yes, and no. You read the link, so I'll assume you see that the four screws backing out is actually "causing" this, but for all intents and purposes, it's the ignition switch failing to make contact due to the loose column not allowing the actuator rod to manipulate the switch.

Back