• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6.5" RC Long arm kit

zPike00EB

NAXJA Forum User
Theres been a lot about this kit lately, I assume because of the price. 1,250 for a LA kit is a good deal..

But how does this kit perform? I know the ground clearance isn't the best, and the springs may not flex as well as a RE or etc. lift, but how is it for local trails? and a FIRST real lift?

How does the tracbar hold up?
Do the shocks limit the kit's flex?

And does ANYONE have pictures of this kit really flexing? I've searched everywhere and only found one or two pictures. I even PM'ed Jason with no real response.

kit sucks, look how the trans bolts are exposed, they will get ripped off very quickly then you will have nothing holding your trans mount on, here in new england theres alot of ledges with good breakover that you will contact your crossmember with, also there trackbars are hella thin and feel very weak, save your money for a better kit

I've been running an RC tracbar for about 2 years now, with RE 5.5 coils and 33's, and i'm very pleased with it. I drive my Jeep daily and wheel it on weekends. The only thing i did not like was the rod end that comes with it, however i replaced it with a spicer rod end and have had no problems with it. With regards to the exposed crossmember bolts, i would have no problem welding pipe around the bolt heads as a gaurd. I've been installing lift kits for about 6 years now, and every kit i've installed and seen in action has its flaws.

i had the rc track bar, lasted 2 months tops, went t&t after that an never looked back. also have the rc coils an springs an def do not like the ride... prefer rustys or re better, they flex ok but give a not so good onroad ride... imo

kit sucks, look how the trans bolts are exposed, they will get ripped off very quickly then you will have nothing holding your trans mount on, here in new england theres alot of ledges with good breakover that you will contact your crossmember with, also there trackbars are hella thin and feel very weak, save your money for a better kit

How hard was it to install? You got pics of the bolts that hang down?

I'll call BS on the track bar..Beat chit out of mine for three years now...
Tore the LCA off and it still isn't bent..

That's typically what happens when someone brings up RC. Some people (typically who actually HAVE the lift) say it's good for the money, but may need some upgrades.

Then you get the people who say it's an absolute waste of money, and I should do RE or something similar.

I feel these opinions are because of what the kit is being put through, or what is being expected of the kit by each individual. Ride quality, for me, is not an issue, it'll be a weekend beater. As for the trails I do, I'm talking 70% Mud, 30% steep inclines, all on private property here in sandy MA. I have no REAL need for the best flexing machine, ever.

I'm still interested to see if anyone has some pictures of this kit at full flex with 35's.

Theres been a lot about this kit lately, I assume because of the price. 1,250 for a LA kit is a good deal..

But how does this kit perform? I know the ground clearance isn't the best, and the springs may not flex as well as a RE or etc. lift, but how is it for local trails? and a FIRST real lift?

How does the tracbar hold up?
Do the shocks limit the kit's flex?

And does ANYONE have pictures of this kit really flexing? I've searched everywhere and only found one or two pictures. I even PM'ed Jason with no real response.

It's a LA kit they all flex about the same. If you think 1200 is a good deal pony up and spend a bit more for the TNT kit... 1,000 times better.

http://www.gotreks.com/page.asp?pageid=169

They may "all flex the same" but they wont "ride" the same.You "typically" get what you pay for,and "flex" is way overated when it comes to the "trail".

I have a 01 cherokee with RC 4.5 lift with adj uppers and lowers, trackbar and shocks. I just got the long arm upgrade its sitting in my dining room (wife loves me)
This is my second lift from RC on two jeeps, I've been hard on them and so far this is the story from a person who has it and uses it! Not someone who has heard it from someone or a friend? The ride is ok what do you expect for a lifted cherokee? (its not my titan) or my daily driver so who cares. Most shocks are made from a few companies overseas so unless there fox, king Etc. who cares. The track bar I have is the previous design with the tie rod end on the frame side and what a joke, if you actually go offroad good luck you'll need a new one every few months or have a great death wobble. I also just found out that I bent my RC track bar, I was wondering why my axle looked off? The new design is a double shear way better as it allows full flex with less bind, but is it still thin crap? Now the long arm is really beefy and is very nice, the trans bolts I plan on using some recessed bolts or something so no big deal. The arms are not tucked way up along the frame rail but unless you rock crawl every weekend not an issue, especially if your on 35s. Its easy to get carried away on here with threads like one ton axles, strokers, cutting the back off and the such. Flex? my short arm flexes a ton so the long arm will ride better and give me some more flex. My jeep has come along way with new axles, lockers etc. But I have the money to spend on tnt and re but RC Has gotten way better and there customer service is the best if you have a problem they don't question you they send you a new one with no return or questions.

Last edited:
Back