• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RC Steering Stabilizer or.....

Cobrajay

NAXJA Forum User
I need a stabilizer very soon. I have a RC 4.5 lift on 33's. RC offers their basic stabilizer for $30 and also an Extreme stabilizer for $50 (looks nice & strong). I want good performance for a good price. I'm not spending a lot on this so I kinda don't want to go over $50-60. Your thoughts on either of these OR a different brand?

what makes you think you need one?

i havent even had one in years

I just installed the $30 one from RC on my 90 and I noticed zero difference between the RC and the stock 20 year old one that was on there.

People are going to tell you to fix the death wobble, don't try to cover it up with a stabilizer.

Um, death wobble. Got an alignment and it helped A LOT but its still there. Very minor but I want it gone.

some component is worn out/ not the correct component for your lift height

I wasn't trying to "Cover" it up. I thought thats what fixed the death wobble. Obviously I am wrong. Hmmm...IDK what's worn out. Everything LOOKs ok. Pitman Arm looks like its struggling a bit...would that do it? BTW, I'm new to all this so im learning from you guys

Ok, well I took some time to really look over everthing yesterday. I never greased anything since I bought the truck over a year ago so I picked up a grease gun and shot everything. As I was down there, I started looking at bushings, normal wear and everything seemed fine SO I go to leave and I turn my steering wheel and I hear this clunking when I turn the wheel from left to right. I told a buddy I work with to look and see whats making this noise as I turn the wheel. Well....its my Trac Bar. That SOB is LOOSE!!! Its adjustable but I don't know how to adjust it. My axle isnt exacly aligned right either. I noticed the gap from the sway bar links to the frame and one is very close to the frame and the other is fine. The one thats close actually rubs once in a blue. I'll get pick up a little later. I want to fix this but IDK how and its freezing out!!! Thoughts?

to adjust you need to unbolt the track bar from the frame mount. adjust it to the length you think it should be and re install it. may take a couple times for you to get the right length. you may have to have someone push the body into place to get the bolt back in.

Back