PDA

View Full Version : Track Bar Bracket Axle

jonn
January 6th, 2010, 15:33
can someone tell me who makes a bracket for the axle side so i can move the track bar up a couple inches. i am going to build a new trackbar/ steering and i would like to mount the trackbar approximately where the steering stabilizer normally mounts.

foxwar71
January 6th, 2010, 15:38
JKS, Poly Performance, JCR, etc...

jonn
January 6th, 2010, 15:59
thanks, those ones are weld on i think i might have seen one that bolted on somehow to the original mount? anyone know who makes that one?

89eliminator
January 6th, 2010, 17:52
weld it on

RCP Phx
January 7th, 2010, 05:49
Ive NEVER seen a bolt-on and wouldnt trust it on my EX's rig! If you can weld,make one!

jcroffroad
January 7th, 2010, 06:09
You won't find an aftermarket bolt on one. The space on that side of the axle is at a premium. It's a very tight fit to get a bracket in there and still get it to fit with OTK steering.

Here is our bracket:
http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=TRKBRK&Category_Code=S6

tomcat
January 7th, 2010, 06:32
my RC 4.5" lift came with a Track Bar relocation bracket.

i could never keep it tight, it kept working loose. that is some fun driving.

weld it on

RCP Phx
January 7th, 2010, 07:03
my RC 4.5" lift came with a Track Bar relocation bracket.

i could never keep it tight, it kept working loose. that is some fun driving.

weld it on
Do a search and youll see you shouldnt use period!

RedHeep
January 7th, 2010, 07:18
The JKS one is nice also, I have it on the d30 on the '91.

http://store.jksmfg.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=FAB_920_925&Store_Code=JKS01&Category_Code=FABParts

There's not a lot of welding. If mine is still stuck on there, yours will be too.

pierceME311
January 7th, 2010, 11:29
I used the JKS mount, got some DOM from speedymetals.com and some hiems from somewhere I cant remember and made a stout track bar with a great angle for fairly cheap all things considered.

If you can't weld now is definitely time to find someone who can and make friends with them, there is so much riding on that one piece of metal it's not worth the risk of half assing it. You don't want a track bar failure on the trail or on the road.

jeeperjohn
January 7th, 2010, 13:25
I used a Ruffstuff bracket, I have been very happy with it.

Skullver
January 7th, 2010, 13:28
I used a Ruffstuff bracket, I have been very happy with it.

which one John? Working on a buddies project and we may need something similar if we do not make our own(depends on his coin supply:)).

jeeperjohn
January 8th, 2010, 21:42
which one John? Working on a buddies project and we may need something similar if we do not make our own(depends on his coin supply:)).
Not sure of part number but it sits on top of the axle and has 3 sets of mounting holes. Top one is about 4" above the axle.

RedHeep
January 9th, 2010, 05:09
Not sure of part number but it sits on top of the axle and has 3 sets of mounting holes. Top one is about 4" above the axle.

I don't think ruffstuff makes one. That sounds an awful lot like the JKS one.

Edit: They have universal ones, but not XJ specific ones.