• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TPS

XJeeper87

NAXJA Forum User
Where do i get a TPS?? autozone only has the one for the automatic and advanced auto parts only has one at all

3478505_bwd_ec3027p_pri_mini.jpg

for your 87 manual I assume? Use an 87 automatic, might have to change some wiring, just ignore the wires for the TCU.

So the Automatic one can be used for the manual?? But Im geussing that the manual one cant be used for auto right?

And another thing what are the symptoms of a bad TPS cus as of right now. My jeep WONT start unless the TPS us unplugged and wont run unless the TPS is plugged in so i gotta unplug it start jeep then plug it back in to me this sounds like a bad TPS but what do you guys think?? And another thing will a TPS thats going bad effect the IAC??? cus i have been having problems with my IAC???

So the Automatic one can be used for the manual?? But Im geussing that the manual one cant be used for auto right?
Correct. The automatic one for the Renix years has two variable resistors in it, one that has a voltage that increases as the throttle opens and the other that decreases as the throttle opens. This is because the TCU was designed to expect a signal going one way and the ECU was designed to expect one going the other way. To avoid redesigning the control units, they just built a double TPS. Since your manual has no TCU, you can use a two-resistor automatic TPS and just leave the TCU half of it disconnected. The actual manual TPS for Renix generally costs an arm and a leg, too, because they aren't needed as often.

And another thing what are the symptoms of a bad TPS cus as of right now. My jeep WONT start unless the TPS us unplugged and wont run unless the TPS is plugged in so i gotta unplug it start jeep then plug it back in to me this sounds like a bad TPS but what do you guys think?? And another thing will a TPS thats going bad effect the IAC??? cus i have been having problems with my IAC???
TPS and IAC could cause this, yes. I'm not sure I exactly understand what you are saying though.

For awile now my IAC would not work if i plugged it in it would idle up real high around 2k-3k

And would not go down

Back