• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stalling out problem

bails85

NAXJA Forum User
ok so heres for the best of the best. im about to light my rig on fire. for some reason when my xj gets around a 1/4 tank or so it wants to bog out but only when i make right turns. lefts turns are perfect and straight driving even up hills or down is fine. it hasnt stalled out yet but it bogs really bad. any ideas are appreciated. i dont even know where to start.

ok so heres for the best of the best. im about to light my rig on fire. for some reason when my xj gets around a 1/4 tank or so it wants to bog out but only when i make right turns. lefts turns are perfect and straight driving even up hills or down is fine. it hasnt stalled out yet but it bogs really bad. any ideas are appreciated. i dont even know where to start.

I'd stat by pulling the pump and sending unit and see whats going on, or just an innacurate fuel gauge and you are low on fuel in the tank

Filter is never a bad idea as a matter of good maintenance but problems like this are generally found in the fuel pump or gas tank. Also inspect the associated wiring to see if anything is being pulled/pinched when making right turns.

Low fuel level + cornering = sucking air = damage to fuel pump that is lubricated by fuel.

Keep more fuel in the tank.

Back