• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need to buy new exhaust for inspection. Got a question!!!

JohnXDoe

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I'm still having stupid problems with the jeep but, I need to get new exhaust to pass inspection over here. So I need to know my jeep was made in May of 2000 but all the exhaust I find for the 2000 models says needs to be made before Jan of 2000. So will one of those work for my jeep or do I need to order exhaust for a 2001.

I don't have anyway to get it welded so it all needs to be bolt on. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks guy this forum is great I've learned so much!!! :piratefla

The build date should be on the drivers door sticker. Have a dealer tell you what you need based on your vin, if you need cats you may have to get them from a dealer.

It might also depend on where it was made,some 2k's have pre-cats some dont(my 2k doesnt have them.

For cat-back it doesnt matter. For manifold back, it does.. depending on whether you have pre-cats or not.

Sorry i didn't really specify what I needed. I need just cat back and my jeep only has the single cat. My sticker on my passenger door says it was made may of 2000, but if cat back doesn't matter then I'm either gonna buy that rock auto one, dynomax, or jegs.

I live in japan and I need it too pass JCI which is just kinda like doing a yearly inspection.

I dont know how much that stuff costs in Japan, or where to get work done. But I would say any muffler of your choice and have a shop do it. The dynomax super turbo cat-back is probably the cheapest. Magnaflow is nice, but spendy for the bolt on kit.

Back