• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LDS not working in 4 low

helliphinon8

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys! I had a problem over the weekend with my LSD not working while in low range.(not sure about hi range since I didn't try that) My front tires were spinning, but my rear wasn't. Neither was my rear drive shaft. I was in the middle of climbing an obstacle when this happened. I switched it back into 2wd and my front tires were still the only ones spinning. I ended up backing down a few more feet in 2wd, then putting it back into low range. This then made it work! My question is, has anyone else had this happen?? Did it just not shift into low range all the way?? Is my T-case taking a crap? I have no clue. It seemed to work just fine after that and the rest of the weekend. It's a '98 XJ classic with 117k mi. and it has the 242 T-case. Stock gears with 33's. Thanks for your help!!

yea sounds like the t-case didn't go into 4LO all of the way. might just be slightly out of adjustment. i wouldn't think there was really anyhting wrong with the case.

the church of latter day saints doesn't work in 4 low?

:dunno:

SPOBI! We love 4Lo, mine works everytime and even on sunday......to pull snowbound mini-vans out of the church parking lot.:clap:

i thought that all the members drove MAVs (Mormon Assault Vehicles) with 4 wheel/all wheel drive and that mini-vans were shunned compared to 15+ passenger vans.:firedevil

yeah it wasnt in 4lo all the way. it was in full time, thats why the rear tires werent spinning. the front tires had less grip so power was sent there, much like an open diff works.

Cool. That sounds right 1990JEEPXJ. It just freaked me out at 1st. But it hasn't happened again. And Kastein, the whole LDS miss spelling was my drunken fault, but the mormon cult issue is in full swing here in AZ. Man, these freaks build a new church every week here. It's getting to be insane. If these mindless morons could only snap out of the hypnotism that goes on in these brick sh!t houses, they'd realise that the whole getting your own planet as a gift for overpopulating the planet is all BS! Anyways, thanks for all of the info guys!

Back