• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

doing sye: where do these go?

lostdeep

NAXJA Member #1285
sye.jpg

i'm in the middle of an sye and 2low install but i'm not sure what these parts are and where they go. any help would be great.

edit: this is a porc sye fwiw

The blue piece fits around the new output shaft and meshes with the speedometer gear.

Not sure what the other things are, what material are they?

vetteboy said:
The blue piece fits around the new output shaft and meshes with the speedometer gear.

Not sure what the other things are, what material are they?

They are the rubber seals that go on the end of the shafts.

oh and GO CARDS!

cool thanks never would of looked there.

its going to be a good game thursday night. 3 vs 5 i love it.

that must have been a very comprehensive set of instructions that PORK sent you....

Rawbrown said:
that must have been a very comprehensive set of instructions that PORK sent you....

I was just thinking the same thing!

I wouldn't trust anything that had anything to do with PORC.

I just completed my sye and yes the PORC instrutions are swell after teaching my kid some new words I finally found this which was quite helpful
http://www.crgrissom.com/jeep/SYE.wmv

And yes the blus gear goes on after your first snap ring then the gear then your next snap ring, the two black rubber washers are the seals that go on the end of the output shaft before the yoke the small one is for the front the big for the rear. I'm now a proat this mod since I had to take it apart a dozon times to finally get it right so if have any questions I'll try to help

i know on my jb conversions kit that blue piece for the speedo had to go on a certain way, so you might want to check that out on the porc kit. good luck

I don't have any issues with their products just the instructions for the SYE could have been better and I've heard it from a lot of folks

Back