• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZJ Heated Seat Wiring

Deadwood

NAXJA Forum User
OK, so I have installed some ZJ heated leather seats in my '97 XJ.

I made some modifications to the seat mounts and retained the electric ZJ seat bases during my installation. I am able to wire the motors to allow front/back movement and tilt/recline functions.

Now comes the tricky part. I need help wiring the heat and lumbar support.

I have the seat heater switch taken from the dash with harness/connectors with a few inches of wiring to play with. I have the wiring harnesses at the seats and many feet of wire but there are more loose ends than I know what to do with.

Yes I have searched and I have also PM'd a few people that had posted in old ZJ seat swap threads. Unfortunately it appears that not everyone hooked up the heat or their ZJ seats did not have the heat option. I definitely want the heat to work and I'd like to use the stock wires/switches if possible.

Anyone that has personal experience and has done this before - please help - its lookin' like a pretty chilly winter this year.

Why not check with NAGCA and see if anyone has a wiring diagram for them?

Someone has done it- I know I found a thread where the switches were installed in the glovebox- but I never found a switch or got around to messing with the heaters, so I've lost track of the thread.

If you find the info for wiring the heaters up, post it up- I just pulled my ZJ buckets out for the winter- I'm not enjoying unheated leather with temps hovering around 15.

I hope to have it done by the weekend. Will post up what I find out.

I'm thinking about mounting the switch in the center console compartment.

Love my new-used seats. Way more comfy than the old stock XJ seats. Headroom sacrificed an inch as expected but at 6'1" and 240 lbs I'm comfortable and have plenty of leg room.

Please post up what you find. I got a set of WJ heated seats I will be wiring up soon. I did not get the stock switches because the vehicle I got the seats from was otherwise stripped clean. I got as much of the wiring as I could though. Any pics of how you made the mounts?

Back