• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My taillights are all screwed up and I have no clue why

benulis55

NAXJA Forum User
I recently raptor lined the interior of my XJ and afterwards my taillights are all screwed up!!! I only disconnected the ebake sensor wires and gear indicator lamp wires during the RAptor Lining process.
After I put everything back together, I have no parking lights on my right rear taillight. The reverse light is out also. The brake light works, and the turn signal works, but when I use the turn signal, both the brake light bulb and turn signal bulb flash, and the lights that do work are sort of weak, they e not extremely bright.
I have NO CLUE where to begin, all the bulbs were good and replaced with new ones anyway. I tested the wires, there is no power at the lights when the parking lights are on, or when it is in reverse
does anyone have any suggestions???
I haven’t hooked up the ebrake/gear indicator lamp wires yet, but I don’t see how or why they would be related
If ANYONE has ANY advice please speak up…I cant drive my jeep at night like this!!! It sucks!!!

I believe everything grounds behinde the spare tire mount on the drivers side. I'd start digging there and work back toward the lamps-- I'm sure something has just come loose.

There are a couple of connector's on the driver side behind the panel that split the power and wiring going over to the passenger side. Make sure none of the wires got damaged and that the grounds are good as well. You can also unplug the harness that goes to the pass. side and check for power at that point to determine if it's between the dash and there or there and the pass. side.

Back