• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need more lift out the rear

erniesXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering if anybody has ideas and pics of there rig.I have a 6.5 rear leafs but need another inch how would I do that tired of siting like a prerunner.haha

Take an inch out of the front. What do you need 7.5" of lift for?

And by all means, do not get blocks unless you also invest in a traction bar. Get taller shackles.

Search if you don't know where to find lift shackles.

You can also get taller spring perches. These weld on in place of the old ones and come in different heights. You can compensate for driveshaft angle when you install the new perches, which you probably need to do with that much lift anyways.

Question: Are you running stock length shackles now? If so, you need extended shackles regardless of what else you do. 6" lift springs are substantially longer then stock, the stock shackle will run out of room to move and bind on the rear frame. 'Severely limits flex.

There are several ways to get lift in the rear, longer shackles, shackle relocation brackets, the above mentioned taller spring perches, I'm partial to TNT's U-Bolt Eliminators(UBEs). Using all three methods could even net you between 3"-5" of lift(.5"-1.5" from UBEs, 1"-2" from shackles, about 1.5" from shackle relocation brackets), allowing you to use a much flatter leaf spring, giving you a better ride and more flex.

Don't do blocks, those are :gee:

Like the other guys I would suggest a combination of extended shackles and perhaps relocation brackets, each will gain you some lift and help with articulation/flex in different ways. Relocation brackets will improve your shackle angle and the extended shackles will increase the amount the spring can flex in both directions.

I agree with Darky, lower the front, and probably the rear too. Unless you have D60's and 37's or bigger, there is no reason to have 7.5" of lift.

Iron man adjustable lift shackles but they will get you minimum of 1 1/5 i think i put some on mine this weekend havent drove it yet but very nicely made in my opinion..

With the shackle relocation brackets, you net height and have a much better shackle angle.

Lower the front tire pressure.

No....that's just a joke....but it does work. :)

If you got full leaf packs, then get some shackles. They got 1", 1.5", 2" shackles out there. RC has some adjustable shackles 1.5" and 2". You don't want to do an AAL cuz you won't have any flex with such an arch, and you don't want to do blocks cuz blocks are blocks, they suck.

Or just drop the front to 6.5" or 6" to even it out. It's better to go down some than keep doing the "step lift" which you add to one end and then need to raise the other end and then it's a never ending lift kit.

Back