• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to say Bye Bye to power windows and locks?

sotrhRaven

NAXJA Forum User
:helpme: My power windows are slugish, one does not work at all. Power locks, 3 work sort of. 2 not at all. Some starting to get jammed. Is it possible to go from power locks and windows to manual.

Ben
1993 Cherokee Sport L6 4.0 RWD

I'm sure it's possible, but it may be easier to just fix the existing power stuff.

Did you bother to look at the "Greg Smith Power door locks writeup?" It's only 3 or 4 posts down from this one.

Read the last Greg Smith post first -- that is, that the fix does not apply to the '93 which already has relays.

Your choice of course, but reasonable chance you just need to remove the interior door panels and clean and lube the mechanisms.

i took my doors apart took the latchs out cleaned them with spray carb cleaner and lubed them good reinstalled they work grate did all but the drivers door .I need to do it sence it gotten clod out can tell it not wanting to work some times. Also cleaned the window works up too .Just spray them with carb or electric cleaned real good run them up and down a fu times and spray some more then lub with a spray of some type.(The one I did do work like new)

There is a lithium grease available in a spray can. I would use a grease for the door latch and locks. The window worked well with an oil based lube. I did this on the DD window and it is 2x faster than the others!

I used the spray lithium grease and spray silicone on the window tracks and the worm gear I just flooded with the spray after cleaning

If you do decide you want to convert from electric to manual windows you certainly can do it. It's not very hard and I was able to get the driver and passenger manual actuators for $25 each at the salvage yard. Car Quest had brand new window cranks for them for less than $5.

If you do decide you want to convert from electric to manual windows you certainly can do it. It's not very hard and I was able to get the driver and passenger manual actuators for $25 each at the salvage yard. Car Quest had brand new window cranks for them for less than $5.
x2 convert to manual. the problem lies in the wireing chrysler used

Back