• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need axle studs..

Ianf406

NAXJA Forum User
hey i put a disk brake kit on my dana 44 (rear) and after i had it mounted up I went to throw the tires on and realized the stock wheel studs were too short...:flamemad: ha i checked napa and carquest (both only have the stock ones)-and breifly checked the internet, anyone know where i could pick some up? (my internet is really really slow...) thanks

I use these from NAPA.

BK 6413115

There is a second number that I think maybe the same part.

Napa # 641-2783

use three inch ones and cut them down to the right size. I ordered some from summit. I think it was like 15$ for a set of moser ones, much easier that way. Aftermarket rims come in all sorts of thickneses so measure thee times cut once

use three inch ones and cut them down to the right size. I ordered some from summit. I think it was like 15$ for a set of moser ones, much easier that way. Aftermarket rims come in all sorts of thickneses so measure thee times cut once

Part Number please. Moser/Summit sell many different types.

after doing rear disks on my xj i used wheel studs for the front D30 for all four corners. its more than enough for me and i picked them up from my local NAPA

after doing rear disks on my xj i used wheel studs for the front D30 for all four corners.

Studs from a Low Pinion XJ/TJ D30 are longer than the High Pinion D30 studs.

ha i checked napa and carquest (both only have the stock ones)

that is your parts guy being lazy. At my small NAPA store (4 employees type of small) I have 142 different part numbers for wheel studs in stock and a book with sizes and measurements for each one, listed in order of thread size/pitch, and further broken down by length and knurl size. Find a new NAPA or find a parts guy who is worth a crap, that guy doesnt belong at a NAPA store. :doh: just because they aren't listed in the computer doesn't mean they don't have them.

Back