• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anybody have an AEM air filter?

ehall

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I'm thinking about getting one of these for a cowl intake but the measurements they provide on their site indicate that the filter will not fit through the opening I have available. Can the filter be disassembled? or is the base plate flexible and pliable? Basically I need to squeeze 6" diameter through a 3" opening...

AEM dry flow filter is somewhat flexible but I doubt its 6" into a 3" hole flexible. The top of the filter isn't really as flexible as the base, you might be able to squeeze it an inch.

Can you enlarge the access to where you want to put the filter? You are going to have to clean it eventually so you will want fairly easy access to the filter.

I took some measurements and at this point I just don't think an AEM will fit in the cowl. The hole I cut is about 4" (not 3") and could probably be widened to 4.5" but not much larger than that. AEM sells a stubby filter that is 5.5" long that could probably be pinched in sideways, however the cowl cavity is only about 5" tall by 7" wide so even if I got the filter past the opening it would not fit in the hole unless the end pieces could be compressed.

Back