• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody Have To Lower There Swaybar?

chris y

NAXJA Forum User
After my lift my front swaybar id close to spring was wanting to know if anybody has used the swaybar lowering kits i see..or have to disconnect there rear swaybar..thanks

After my lift my front swaybar id close to spring was wanting to know if anybody has used the swaybar lowering kits i see..or have to disconnect there rear swaybar..thanks

Yeah that happens, is your trackbar adjusted properly?, Yes, and throw the rear away.

I have the RE swaybar drop brackets and they workd well. However if you do lower the swaybar remember that when you order disconnects someday. I got 6" JKS discos to go with my 6 inch lift, well with a swaybar thats lowered 2 or 3" it doesn't work so well. Luckily I found someone on NAXJA that had 3" discos and needed 6 so we traded.

Get 2 long grade 8 bolts cut the part with out the threads the cut the sway bar endlinks down at the bottom and weld in the pc of the bolt paint and you are done. No need to lower the bar will make more work in the future like BLUECUDA said.

I then did the home made quick disco mod works great and only cost a couple of dollars.

my swaybar is also hitting on the coils... i've considered fabbing a bracket to drop it a bit and move it forward (which seems simple with square tubing) but i don't see it working with the factory front skid plate. haven't looked too hard since i have other priorities but maybe the skid can be cut for clearance. Anybody ever do anything with a factory front skid?

remove it. I haven't had either one of mine on for the last 2 years. It drives fine. You aren't going to kill youself without it. Delete them both and move on. No more trying to reconnect while lying in the mud with mud dripping onto you.

Parakeet

I ran without mine for a few years, now that I have back on I really like it. However I don't reconnect them in the mud I wait until its all clean :D

So how weird will it handle on street with no rear and the front undone wont there be alot of body roll?i think i will have to lower cause theres pressure on it one way ort other now that theres little over 8 inches of lift

I haven't run my front sway bar in a year... i have 4 inch lift with RE springs...there is a bit more body roll while doing 65 ... but nothing dangerous...now if i was doing city highway with cloverleaf on ramps or such then i would hook them back up.... now to each his own and what they are comfortable with so, only you can decide if you need the sway bar or not... I'm over in Shawnee area if you are around here and need help...

well, i ran without mine for about a year but got into trouble for taking it off after inspection. cost me about a grand in fines so i'm trying to avoid it this time. i need to have the swaybar to get an inspection...

Man badaxj thats crazy fines luckily for now we have no inspections here in oklahoma prob why we have so many uninsured motorists and pos cars running around falling apart..Hey orrin-xj Thats cool thanks for offer im in moore hopeing when i get done to join local club or something right now wishing the extended brake line kits came with instructions:spin1:

Okay I'm at about 4 1/2" of lift and 33"s. I have ran with and without and I can barely tell the body roll with or without. Some people say you will kill yourself without them and others like myself can't really tell a difference.

Brake lines are easy. Righty tighty lefty loosy. If they are rusty like mine were, Lots of PB Blaster the week before. Then 1/4 turn loose and back to tight. Just keep working it back and forth giving a good soaking of PB after you get it to initially break free. Once they are off, screw the longer ones on. Tightnen them down, secure them and bleed the brakes.

Start with Rear pass, rear drivers, front pass, and drivers front. Make sure your lid is on the resievoir, and add fluid through out the prosses. May have to do it a few times but that's the way you do it.

Parakeet

Well my problem is the new stainless braided ones where they mount to caliper are offset not sure which side is to be against caliper?then the rear on axle where new t block goes theres a new bracket that is shaped kind on like a z with big hole on one end and small on other im not sure if it mounts to axle and if so which side does the new brake block mount to?there was no instructions with lift kit or brake kit

How much body roll you have without a front swaybar really depends a lot on your springs. A high spring rate will have little body roll, soft springs will have a lot.

Personally, running as a daily driver outside of Chicago, I always liked haved a front swaybar.

my swaybar is also hitting on the coils... i've considered fabbing a bracket to drop it a bit and move it forward (which seems simple with square tubing) but i don't see it working with the factory front skid plate. haven't looked too hard since i have other priorities but maybe the skid can be cut for clearance. Anybody ever do anything with a factory front skid?
:dunno: get the coils a tazer and some mace? Maybe they like it though?

I ran stock with only a rear swaybar for a while when my front swaybar linkage broke, would not want to do it again. I do a lot of highway+city driving though.

chris - I've seen a lot of recent threads from you that have been answered before by other threads, I know you're new to the forum so I'm not gonna be a jackass about it but you might want to use the search feature. You seem to know all the right terms as most of your thread titles or posts have the right terms in them, properly spelled, so you should run into very little trouble finding all sorts of info.

Kastein yea i understand but sometimes the questions help to meet others with similar experiences mabye even others in same area but yes im definately with you and i try to search some havent got it all down yet in narrowing some searchs down but am working on it..i used to be big into the vw clubs and forums and its also nice to just be able to share knowledge to others that ask i hope its same way here..and thanks for not being jack ass for sure and do appreciate all info.

Completely understood, I've asked my share of questions like that too.

This thread has reminded me... I need to finish making my front linkage discos/extenders, as usual I bought the materials and then forgot to actually make+install them :eek:

Calling my work skilled is like calling burger flipping a technical job, I learn as I go and the first version of things I make is usually somewhat... problematic... :roll:

Threads on the stock links is 3/8-16NC, so I got a 3/8-16NC tap+die set, some 3/8-16 threaded rod, some 1/2" round steel stock, 3/8-16NC wingnuts, and some hitch pin clips.

Back