• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

brakes from Lp to Hp D30

LilRhodyXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Alright so I'm in the process of swapping out my junker 00 LP for a 96 HP....i've posted this before and I have gottin all the helpful hints I need to swap this in and revamp it at the same time but I have a few more issues to clear up...

I got the HP took off the steering and shocks, degreased it, sanded it, cleaned it and rustoleumed it black....so its atleast lookin pretty :D

96 had 266 U-joints so Im putting my axle shafts in which will give me the bigger ujoints and they are new as of last month...I have hawk brake pads going on and here comes my question of rotors..
I went to Autozone and tried to comapre part numbers but something interesting came up...96 (no abs) had composite rotors and so did an 00 (no abs) BUT 00s also came with full cast?? rotors....the part numbers for the composite rotors match but obviously not for the FC rotors...so heres my dilemma

First what is a full cast rotor?

How do I tell the difference in rotors?

...I have no experience with brakes so please be patient with my ignorance...I'd rather not spend any more money so if my rotors will fit they are absolutly going on...

Thanks for your help, and also anyone who posts agian help originally on the tips and tricks with buying this HP

andrew

you can take the knuckles/hubs off of your LP axle and install them onto the HP axle. then you can keep your brakes.

when i installed the 89 HP XJ axle in my wifes TJ i took her axle shafts, knuckles/hubs and brakes and installed them on the XJ axle.

I can't answer your questions on the brake parts, but are you sure about the axleshaft u-joints? The '96 should have had the larger 297-x joints, as the smaller 260-x were reportedly replaced in mid-95 across the line. Prior to that, the u-joint size depended on several things including the t-case used.

yucca, I was told they were 266 but im not sure...

but even if they arn't My ujoints are new on my 00 so I might as well swap mine in and keep the older ones for spares

Andrew

Back