• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help looking 4 99 HD fnt bumper

ladyn4cr

NAXJA Forum User
I am a newbie and have searched the threads and don't believe, or just don't know where to look reference my question. Sorry if a repeat. I spent hours looking on the web and came across this site and figure your my best chance for the answer I need.
I have a 99 and am looking to replace the original front bumper with a heavy duty bumper. I hit a deer, and there are quite alot around where I live, and plan to armor up. I have just gotten a brush guard to protect the upper part of my front. But the deer pushed my original bumper back on one corner, thus looking for a stronger bumper.
I have located many that fit, but don't seem to be able to find one that fits quite the same, particularly around the corner to the wheel well opening. Kind of stuck on looks and can't seem to locate a bumper that wraps all the way around to the opening. I found a Hansen rear bumper that replaces the "bumper cap" area, but not something similar for the front. I hope you understand what the problem I am describing. I am a woman with not much access to have things fabricated.
There is a Warn bumper with "extensions", which may fill in that space, but I don't want the protruding winch mount. I also have seen lower rocker panel guards for the portion between the rear bumper and flare, but nothing similar for the front.
My only guess is to go with a bumper that comes close and try to get fender flares that would be longer to reach and over lap close to the bumper ending. Then again, not sure what flares to go with if that will work.
Any imput or ideas would be greatly appreciated .:banghead:

Checked out that site. Still not quite what I am looking for. The wrap around on those still come short. Looking for something that will reach to the back of the flare. Thanks for the effort.

If you want to protect against deer, the best protection for those would be a Warn or ARB Bull Bar bumpers because they have the most coverage from the bull bars that guard the whole front clip. They are also the heaviest and most expensive. Some may argue that they are a waste of money but most owners of these bumpers have good things to say about them.

If you want the bar to protect the front fenders by wrapping around, then you are talking about a connector bar that goes from the front bumper to the rock rails. This is more like a custom job.

Are you just looking for the side protection to come further back? Like even with the flares?

Not like this...
stg3xjfrntthmb.jpg

But Like....
jcrbumpertest.jpg

We can accomodate that, no problem, but you will have to cut your stock fender flares for it to work and look nice. Also if you upgrade to bigger tires later anything that sticks back that far may need to be trimmed :)

That's more like it. Much sharper. I plan on replacing my stock flares anyway, as for getting bigger tires I don't plan on that. It's my main transportation and want to keep gas consumption down. I will be in contact to see how much more for the extra modification. Can I also get it without the ring mounts? Just a plain bumper.

ladyn4cr said:
That's more like it. Much sharper. I plan on replacing my stock flares anyway, as for getting bigger tires I don't plan on that. It's my main transportation and want to keep gas consumption down. I will be in contact to see how much more for the extra modification. Can I also get it without the ring mounts? Just a plain bumper.

Yeah no problem... with removing the d-ring mounts and adding the length the price would be a wash. :D

Give us a call and we can talk more about getting exactly what you want.

269-353-1184

Back