• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lights in stock bumper

guillermo

NAXJA Forum User
Hi... Just removed the bumper ends and OEM fog lights of my 99 sport for clearance reasons. I will install "older" style bumper end caps and was wondering if anyone has installed fog lights behind the stock bumper instead of underneath. Thanks.

Hi... Just removed the bumper ends and OEM fog lights of my 99 sport for clearance reasons. I will install "older" style bumper end caps and was wondering if anyone has installed fog lights behind the stock bumper instead of underneath. Thanks.

On the top of the old style bumper. There are two holes on the top of bumper for the OEM style fog lights.

I have installed a pair of fog lights in my stock bumper.

I cut holes in the bumper which are the same size as the the face of these lights. The lights couldn't just be mounted directly to the bottom of the bumper, the mounting surfaces needed to be raised.

They are mounted to the bottom of the bumper by using a longer bolt and multiple washers to raise the mounting surface so the light fits into the holes cut.
Photo0065.jpg

installed
frontflex1.jpg

However, the output of these fog lights does not compare to the output of the 6" long range lights.

...On the same topic, I also installed a pair of fogs inside the rear bumper as aux backup lights. I really like having aux back up lights.

They are mounted similarly by first cutting a hole in the bumper. These are different fog lights then I used in the front. They are similar to these,
lights.jpg

To mount them, I unscrewed both screws on the lamp face, drilled holes into the bumper, and the screwed those screws back into the lamp effectively "sandwiching" the light into the bumper.
Photo0066.jpg

back-1.jpg

Last edited:
RacecaR, that is beautiful what you did to those lights. I like the idea.
My one dimentional mind only allowed me to think of the OEM fog lamps mounted on top of the bumper which is all I have ever seen on the OEM bumper.

RacecaR, that is beautiful what you did to those lights. I like the idea.
My one dimentional mind only allowed me to think of the OEM fog lamps mounted on top of the bumper which is all I have ever seen on the OEM bumper.

Thank you.

Here's one more.
Photo0070.jpg

I was able to fit the long range lights on top by trimming the plastic grille behind with a dremel.

I used JK fogs, that I sourced through Quadratec. Here's a look:
_DSC0321.jpg

_DSC0124.jpg

I pulled power through the cigarette lighter, so they are switched on/off with the ignition. I use them as daytime running lights.

_DSC0129-1.jpg

Custom Nudge Bar with sump protector
OEM fogs rewired as running lights (triggered by park lights via a relay)
Hella Comet 500's with 100w bulbs and clear Lexan covers (triggered by front foglight switch)
Hella Comet 450 foglights triggered by rear foglight switch via relay (front and rear fogs on same switch)
Headlights are HID conversions, parks are LED's (incandescants gave HID's a strange yellow look)
lights.jpg

Back