• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bushwacker quiz!

IslanderXJ

NAXJA Forum User
1: Do bushwackers actually increase the wheelwell opening ie:they require fender trimming?

2: Is it possible to use front bushwackers on the rear, org. front drivers on passenger side rear facing the opposite direction and org. front pass. on rear drivers also facing the opposite direction?

3: Can you even purchase just front bushwackers?

Extra Credit: Anybody have some Bushwacker pieces I could look at?
I wouldn't mind taking busted ones off your hands, but I would love to have some that arent...
I'll give them back if you want, I just have to measure them.

1. Yes 2. I dont know 3. I know you can purchase single TJ flairs:D

Why?

I personally like the look of bushwackers, don't want to debate about it cause I think TJ flares look ok too.
I was thinking about how I could trim the rear quarters, get a wraparound bumper w/tail light guards and still keep the Bushwacker look.

91 Jeep Project- Why wont the fronts go in the back? Enlighten me!

91 Jeep Project said:
Because the rear flares are a two piece. If you don't mind modifying them, or you have a 2 door, I guess it could work.
I just realized I left out an important part of my idea, I would be extending the wheelbase a few inches, so I was shooting for stopping the flares at just about the stock forward part of the wheelwell opening.

Back