• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

242 conversion.

xjman96

NAXJA Forum User
Several years after swapping the 231 TC out of my 96 and 99 for a 242 transfer case that has the FT option, I look back and the only regret I have is that I did not do it sooner. I believe that it is the most worthwhile modification I ever made in a vehicle. It has transformed the way I use my XJ and I strongly recommend it to people that want to use their Jeep to the fullest.
The reason I am writing this is the current snow we just had. Driving in constantly changing conditions from dry pavement, to snow, to ice without having to shift is just great.
If you plan to keep your XJ and you don't have a 242 transfer case, I urge you to consider it.

Although I do agree that this is a worthwhile mod (have done it myself), where is the tech? Please keep things like this in the non tech section.

Back