• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stupid AC/heater question...

AC should only be cycled with the defrost selection. If you want to stop it from cycling, pull the clutch coil wire at the compressor and call it good.

I prefer to pull the plug from the pressure switch on the receiver-drier. A little easier to reach than the compressor. Follow the AC plumbing to the little canister with a connector on top of it. On the 99 it's near the firewall on the passenger side.

:cheers: happy new year-- now go do something fun and quit worrying about the Jeep!!

:cheers: happy new year-- now go do something fun and quit worrying about the Jeep!
Maybe that is his new years fun:party:
Well it was so I could go play New Years day, I was having a small over heating issue, so I changed the thermostat and pulled the wire of the AC. It was all so I could go do this:
http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1019746

Thanks again, :cheers:
Joey

If you take apart the HVAC mode switch, you can see that certain contacts are grounded when different modes are selected. I forget now what I did, but I put a switch in-line after the mode switch so I can run any mode--defrost, recirc, bi-lev, etc, without running the compressor. Did this on both my XJ's.

If you take apart the HVAC mode switch, you can see that certain contacts are grounded when different modes are selected. I forget now what I did, but I put a switch in-line after the mode switch so I can run any mode--defrost, recirc, bi-lev, etc, without running the compressor. Did this on both my XJ's.
That's a good idea especially if you live where you might need AC one day and plain heat another. I had thought of doing something similar by just switching the pressure sensor that I usually unplug. It's nice and accessible. I don't need AC very often anyway, so I just haven't gotten around to it. On bitter cold days, it's really nice to use the multi-level AC setting to get heat everywhere.

Back