• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

a tad long, but im not taking the easy way out, help please

bigoltrux77

NAXJA Forum User
Well after ive read all your posts, ive decided not to take the cheap route with unkown lift kits (5" Trailblazer) or even Rustys. Some have said he is good and some have had crappy parts and sagging leaf packs. If i got this kit, the way my luck is going, id be at 2.5" on the second week with his 4.5" kit. So i think ive decided to go with the RE kit. Im not sure which one though. Id like to clear some 32's or even 33's. I dont plan on flexin my XJ like some of you guys. Maybe when i jump curbs, but right now im not looking for a rockcrawler, just something i can take out to my ranch. So what size lift can i get a way with if i want to run 33's? My 3 options are as follows, from what i believe. RE 3.5" super flex rear spring kit with daystar budget boost kit, should get me to about 5-5.5" im thinking. Or RE 4.5" super flex with rear springs. Then if i find a way to work this out with my driveline, i could get the RE 4.5" kit with upgraded 4.5" springs and then a daystar 1.75" BB kit. Should get me to about...6.5- even 7" from what i beleive. That one seems a little steep though. My driveling prolly can handle it. But I was also wondering if im gonna need uper and lower control arms? etcetc. What am i missing? What should i go with? Thanks alot guys. I love this forum.

when you go over 4.5 inches.. you really want to think about arm angles and length.. castor is a big big deal at this height.. if you are set on a kit.. maybe shoot for the RE 5.5 inch extreme duty.. i know RJ ( tozover on this board i think ) could hook you up with a nice deal on it.. at least that way you'd have drop brackets to help with your control arm angles.

on another note.. if you were willing to trim fender .. and only want 33s.. get a 4.5 inch kit ( the leafs sit way high at first anyway ) and trim some fender to clear the 33s.. it shouldnt be an issue and will most likely be the most cost effective and trouble free way to acheive the goal of 33s.

Back